Friday, October 16, 2020

I Will Not Go

Moses was convinced that without God's presence in his life, it was useless for him to anything. John 15:5  When he spoke face to face with God, he said, "If your presence is not with me, then I'm not going anywhere. I won't take a single step unless I'm assured you're with me!" 

Moses knew it was God's presence that set Israel apart from other nations. And the same is true for every Christ-follower today. The only thing that sets us apart from nonbelievers is God being "with us" 

What if you woke every morning and said to God, "Today, Lord I need your presence in my life. I don't want to live without your direction and guidance."   With that kind of dependency we can experience peace and a calm even in the midst of turmoil. 

The Old Testament is filled with examples of the blessing that God's presence brought to the lives of His followers:

* God's presence was so evident in Abrahams life, even the heathen around him recognized the difference between their lives and his. Genesis 21:22   

* God promised Joshua that no enemy could stand against him with God's presence Joshua 1:5-6 With God's presence we can be strong and courageous - because no enemy can harm us!  

* God told Gideon that God was with him and God would use him to save Israel. Judges 6:12 , 14 

The "secret" of having God's presence in our lives is simple. It is by continually seeking Him.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13 The wonderful thing about seeking God is you can seek Him anywhere: in the shower, on your way to work, at school, on the job.




Christ gives me the strength to face anything. Philippians 4:13 CEV Go today in the power of His presence!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...