Saturday, October 2, 2021

Life's Handbook

 


Some time ago, a man asked me about an issue he was having in his life. After discerning the source of his conflict, I told him what the Bible said about his problem. He replied that I always brought the Bible into our conversations! I told him that the Bible was my source for how I should conduct my life. Jesus Himself said, "The Scriptures say: ‘No one can live only on food. People need every word that God has spoken.’” Matthew 4:4

I am thankful for the counsel of godly people Proverbs 11:14 but man's wisdom and insight are limited. They are finite and only God is infinite. Only God knows the end from the beginning.

Many people think God gave us His Word to restrain us from enjoying life but the opposite is true. Psalm 119:162 God knows that man left to himself cannot find fulfillment and purpose in life.

I recently purchased a new washing machine and with it came an owner's manual. To achieve the best results, I need to read AND follow the instructions. The instructions tell me how to use the machine for every kind of clothes and fabric.

God didn't leave us in the dark. God's Word speaks to every area of life: Marriage, parenting, finance, social responsibility, sex, etc. Too many times we ignore a product's owner's manual until we have problems and then we go back to the manual and see what we did wrong.

I believe that most of life's problems occur because we (intentionally or unknowingly) violate a principle in God's Word. So it behooves us to read and follow God's Word and thereby avoid any difficulty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...