Friday, October 22, 2021

Pridefully humble

 

If you’ve spent any time on social media, you see all types of posts. Some that make you laugh, some that make your eyes roll, and some that make you wonder how people get through life without killing themselves due to the craziness they post. But the one that stands out to me more than the rest is what I call the “Pridefully Humble.” This is the person that while he tries to give glory to God, just can’t help but put the focus on them. It looks a little something like this.

“Praise God for all He has done for me as He has helped me break the addiction I had to cigarettes. I’ve been smoking for over 20 years. But it's only taken me two weeks to break the habit. I asked the nurse, and it's the quickest she's ever seen.
We as humans have a hard time taking ourselves out of the picture. Matthew 6:3 tells us, “But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.”
,
You don’t see Jesus announcing from the street corner, “I’m going to the cross today. Look at me! I’m going to be beaten and whipped and pierced for your iniquities.” He didn’t tell people how many thorns there were, and you didn’t know how far he walked with the cross. The scripture said, “he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”

If you are going to humble yourself to God and serve Him, then do just that. Stop bragging about all the things you’ve done. many he had handed out.

Christian, go to your cross and do it humbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...