Sunday, November 7, 2021

People R Us

 

Years ago I pastored a small church and to supplement my salary, I took a second job with Publix Supermarket. ( Great company to work for.)

During orientation, we were taught that Publix was in the people business, not the food business. Great attention was given to customer service. When a customer entered the store, they were to be greeted within 45 seconds.

I think the local church sometimes forgets they are in the people business as well. The church must not look at people as a means to build a large church but rather as an opportunity to serve. Philippians 2.4

I have often heard people say they are looking for a church that would meet "their" needs. That's the wrong focus. Jesus came not to be served but to serve Mark 10.45 and we should have the same attitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...