Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Your Bucket List

In 2007, the movie Bucket List, made its debut. The premise of the movie was two men wrote out all the things they wanted to accomplish in their lives before they "kicked the bucket." (Died) 

Maybe you have created your own list. There is nothing wrong with creating such a list as a matter of fact,  I think it is commendable. But as I look over my own list, I saw something that disturbed me. None of the things on my list had to do with others. My list was comprised of things I wanted to purchase, places I wanted to go, and things I wanted to achieve.

There was nothing on my list about helping others to achieve their dreams and their ambitions. Philippians 2:3 says "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." 

Forbes magazine says, "The fastest way to achieve success is to first help others succeed." I think that is why I liked the movie so much. The rich man ( Jack Nicholson) enjoyed helping his poor friend (Morgan Freeman), achieve the things on his bucket list.

I wonder how many of us are helping others achieve their dreams and goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...