Sunday, November 20, 2022

God Knows You




 It seems mothers can sense trouble from a mile away. Once after a rough day at school, I tried to hide my frustration hoping no one would notice. My mother asked, "What's the matter?" Then she added "Before you tell me it's nothing, remember I'm your mother. I gave you birth and I know you better than you know yourself."  

As believers in Jesus we need to remind ourselves, God knows us intimately. Psalm 139:1-4 says, "You have searched me Lord and you know me. You know when I sit down and when I rise; you perceive my  thoughts from afar," As a young believer, the concept that God is all-knowing brought a sense of dread in my life.  I could not hide my thoughts, my actions or my words from Him and He was just waiting for me to step out of line. Of course, that's not true. 

Jesus was sent from heaven to become human, so that He could experience everything we experience. No one can say to God, "You don't know what I'm going through. You don't know what I feel." Hebrews 4:15 tells us that Jesus faced every temptation, every emotion, and every struggle you face.

So, be encouraged. God is with you right where you are Psalms 139  and He is ready to help and guide you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...