Monday, June 14, 2021

It's Horrible

 Four and one-half weeks I had cardio bypass surgery. Many people who had or knew people who had the surgery all said the worst part of the surgery was the recovery process. Words like "horrible," terrible" "tough" were frequently used to describe the recovery.



But like many words they can have relative meaning. I wasn't sure what I was going to experience and to what degree. Though I "knew" the words, it was only while experiencing the words did I fully understand them. I now have a new empathy for those who have experienced the recovery process. I understand their depression, depths of emotions and pain.

You can only truly say, "I know how you feel" when you have experienced the experience. We should not make glib statements unless we have walked a "mile in their moccasins." (Indian proverb.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...