Sunday, August 8, 2021

Back to Normal?




 I am sure most of you are tired of all the hassle and inconvenience brought on by the COVID19 virus. And you have probably heard people say time and again, "I can't wait for things to get to normal." But after reflecting on that statement, I wonder if we should be satisfied with 'normal." After all what was so great about 'normal?' I understand we what things to be more structured but if you stop and think, things weren't really that great.

As a Christ-follower, I want to view things from a Biblical viewpoint. Is God pleased with our world being normal? I don't think so. We have become satisfied with survival, while God wants to bring revival. God loves us too much to leave us as we are. Isaiah 43:19 God says He is doing a new thing. He desires that we grow and become more like Him. 1 John 2:6 Galatians 2:20

Yes, I want to be done with COVID 19 but I don't want to go back to things-as-they-were. I'm wanting God to do a new thing in my life. I want a new 'normal' for all of us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...