Tuesday, August 17, 2021

I Can Handle This

 

Samson was the strongest man who ever lived and I'm sure he was famous for his amazing feats of strength. The problem is he began to get proud and believe there wasn't anything he could not handle. At birth, his parents dedicated him to the Lord and gave him three simple rules he was to follow.

Samson wanted to marry a Philistine woman which as an Israelite he was forbidden to marry. He forced his parents to consent and what does every guy needs to get married. That's right - a bachelor party! Samson wanted to get together with his buddies to get hammered. But Samson ignored the first rule given by God for his life.
  1. Don't drink alcohol.
Samson was not supposed to drink alcohol at all. But because he figured since he was strong, he could handle it. A guy might believe he's really tough, so he convinces himself that he won't suffer the same consequences as other guys.

Just one drink/puff/hit isn't going to kill me. I can handle it.
Man, I really love this car/house/boat. I can make these payments.
I know I'm not 'suppose to' look at this website/image/video. But it's just this one time.

Because he was the strongest man who had ever lived, he genuinely thought he could handle it. But the fact is: he couldn't handle it! So what makes you think you can?
"So be careful. When you think you are standing firm, you might fall" I Corinthians 10:12
"Above everything else, guard your heart. Everything you do comes from it." Proverbs 4:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...