Saturday, July 8, 2023

Who Am I?

 So, God created human beings in his image... Genesis 1:27 






According to Dr. Joe Rubino, approximately 85% of people worldwide have issues with self-esteem, so there is a good chance that you are struggling insecurity. I know I struggled with insecurity all my life. The day I was born, my mother delivered me in a small hospital. That particular day, there was no room available for her so, she was placed in the hall with a standup curtain for privacy and that is where I was born. (No wonder I had feelings of insecurity.) 

Insecurity can affect us in countless areas of our lives. Every person will notice their inner critic being more vocal in one area or another.  Old feelings that we are incompetent or that we will never be acknowledged or appreciated can send our insecurities through the roof. Some common critical inner voices about one’s career include:

  • No one appreciates you.
  • Who do you think you are? You’ll never be successful.
  • You’ll never get everything done. You’re so lazy.
  • My dad says I'm stupid, so I must be.
  • God created man perfect, but man fell from that state due to sin. Since than there has never been a perfect man since. (Except Jesus Christ) Security/Insecurity is all a manner of focus. If we look inward at Self we will always me insecure and disappointed. 

    Man is primarily a spiritual being. To find peace and self-worth, you must have a personal relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ. "It is through Him [Jesus] that we are able to live, to do what we do, and be who we are.." Acts 17:28 

    Helpful quotes:

    Not one drop of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me.”
    Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.”







     


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...