Wednesday, August 2, 2023

What Did You Expect?


I have found that when I am frustrated, angry, and depressed, many times the source of my dilemma is unfulfilled expectations. Things didn't turn out like I had anticipated. When your promotion did not come through. Your 'happily-ever-after' marriage ended not happily. You prayed earnestly but God did not answer me, at least not as you expected. 

Since God is in control of my life, I have to surrender my life and its expectations to Him. There is nothing wrong with making plans but ultimately God's will has to be considered.  James 4:13-17. After all, God loves us and only wants our best. 

Ultimately we must give our expectations to God and in doing so, we will have peace. 

" My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him." Psalm 62: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...