Wednesday, July 8, 2020

What Are We To Do?

You are probably as concerned with the condition of our country as I am. It seems we are unraveling at the seams. As Christ-followers, my wife and I pray daily for our country and our President. 1 Timothy 2:1-2 We believe that even through this chaos, God is still in control. Romans 8:28  

As I look over the seemingly insurmountably conditions, my mind goes to a situation Israel found itself. In 2 Chronicles 20  King Jehoshaphat finds himself surrounded by an enemy army. The king was vastly outnumbered. so fighting was not an option. He did not know what to do but what he did do was applicable to our country as well.

He assembled the city together and called out to God. 2 Chronicles 20:3-11 His only hope was God. " For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on  .

In today's culture, praying to God in our time of need seems archaic. In fact, forgetting Good in our lives and in our nation is why we are in our present situation.  I don't want to be simplistic but the solution to our problem simple. 

In 2 Chronicles 7:14 we read "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Our problem is, we are too proud to humble ourselves before God and acknowledge our need of Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take care to have knowledge about the condition of your flocks, looking well after your herds. Proverbs 7:23  The context of this verse is o...